Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Best of 2007

Favorites 2007











Ok... subjective year end lists are very important for the self involved and shallow (me). So.... for your Christmas buying guide pleasure this is for you. Naturally there are a few caveats:
1. I had to listen to it, read it, attend it, eat there and review it.
2. I have very eclectic (read marginal) taste
3. I do not care if you don’t like it
4. They are not in order of preference but I put in bold the Diner Review 10 (highest) rated Slinger Choice.
5. I start all my caveats with I
Best CDs: Spoon: GaGaGa
Wilco: Sky Blue Sky
Okkervile River: Stage Names
Neil Young: Live at Massey Hall Toronto
Modest Mouse: We Were Dead Before The Ship Eben Sank
Steve Earle: Washington Square Serenade
Peter Case: Let Us Praise Sleepy John

Best Books: “The Nine” Jeffrey Toobin
“Bridge of Sighs” Richard Russo
“Practicing” Glen Kurtz
“You Don’t Love Me Yet” Jonathan Lethem
“The Book of Dave” Will Self

Best Concerts: Okkervil River/Logan Square Auditorium Chicago Il
Bob Dylan/US Cellular Coliseum, Bloomington Il
The Good Life/The Gargoyle (Washington University)
Cracker/Blueberry Hill St. Louis Mo
Southern Culture On The Skids/Blueberry Hill St. Louis Mo
The Decembrists/The Pageant St. Louis Mo

Diner of the Year Big Eds Chile Mac Diner/St. Louis Missouri

No comments: