Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Preakness! THE BLACKBERRY PREAKNESS

Sooooo.... we are well into May and the Kentucky Derby has passed and in an hour I will be watchinbg the Preakness. The filly Rachel Alexandra is the talk of Pimlico and an odds on favorite to beat the boys and Mine That Bird coming off a brilliant messy ride in the Derby tries to stop her. Rachel won the girls race that precedes the Derby by one day winning the Oaks by 20 lengths and pulling away. Calvin Borel road both and I guess he had his choice and he picked the girl for this one.

When I Googled “Rachel Alexander Pics” this is what I came up with. She just does not look like that much of a runner to me. Then I realized the name of the horse was Rachel Alexandra.






Being a contrarian and of course being smarter then anyone else I am betting Big Drama and Friesan Fire. Friesan Fire ran a horrible race in the muddy Derby and came in last or second to last but the horse has great breeding and blazing speed. Big Drama of course is just speed on speed on speed. I would not bet either in The Belmon but for the shorter Preakness with the narrower turns, on a clean, fast hard track... gimme the speed! I bet as follows: 5 across on the 5 Friesan Fire. 5 dollar exact box on Big Drama and Rachel Alexandra. Perhaps I will report later.

No comments: