Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Is The Big Deal? Huh?

Soooo... Avatar... still have not seen it. Looks like a bunch of really tall, blue versions of Jar Jar Binks. People tell me I am wrong but listening to people is what gets you to pay money to see a movie like "Hot Tub Time Machine". At least three people have told me how "hilarious" the movie is. All I can think every time I see the trailer is:

1. How did THIS happen to John Cusack?
2. I have seen every funny part of the movie when I watch the trailer.

Of these things I am certain.

But I digress.

Avatar and then the "How to Train Your Dragon" movie, then "Alice In Wonderland" and now "Clash of the Titans" (RELEASE THE KRAKEN!) They charge more for these movies. You have to wear queer glasses when you watch them. They charge more for these movies. There is not talk of 3-D TV. 3-D sports broadcasting. It goes on and on and while in the beginning or "at the cusp" as I like to say of this massive trend all I can say is...."milka what!?"

Seriously. Of the above films I only saw one and that was "Alice In Wonderland" which I thought was reasonably great (see earlier review) but it did not seem that great to me. The 3-D part was interesting but only that. I don't know, I just cannot help but think that....MY WHOLE LIFE IS IN 3-D! Why do I need to pay a higher ticket price, put on funny glasses and sit in the dark with 200 people and feel like more of a dork when.... I can just look around, sitting in my chair and literally my whole life is in 3-D. it seems stupud to me.

I mean, my life is kind of boring too. Soon, will I get to pay more and put on some different funny glasses so that I can sit and watch some other over weight, balding middle aged man sitting watching the show "Community" while he pecks away at his computer, maybe with his ugly dog in front of him...IN 3-D! Sounds great. I cannot wait. Wake me when it is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This seems entirely too negative. Everytime whatever tv technology becomes almost affordable to the average joe, they spring some new thing to create the envy and desire which fuels the big electronics stores. For a long time our technology was nothing, color overtook black and white and that is all we had. For years. Now the new paradigm comes every 2. color, projection, big screen, dlp, lcos, plasma (best name), led, lcd, blah blah blah. And if you dont have the latest you are not seeing the movie others get to see. You are on the outside and you cnat even look in. VHS begat dvd begat hddvd, blu ray, and the soon to arrive 3ddvd.
Heard the Avatar storyh sucks btw, just like all the storylines of geo lucaas are awful, THe tech disguises the vacuous plots and, for the most part, shitty acting.