Friday, March 9, 2012

Selection Friday

Sooooo.... it is Friday before Selection Sunday and KUBE MADNESS! Much craziness. I am sitting at home with my daughter on Friday night and instead of watching basketball I am watching “The Help”. I am missing action and I am probably missing some key insights into the goings on in the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 and what not. Perhaps after the movie I can catch a little Pac 10 or 12 or whatever they are now. It is so rare that they really matter out there west of Lawrence.

Of course it is exciting to have Mizzou and SLU in the mix this year. SLU was handling La Salle when I got out of my car but not having Charter I do not even have the option to watch. I am bitter. On the other hand I am learning from watching “The Help” that I is smart, I is kind and I is important. I am not sure exactly how that relates but perhaps I will pull it together later. I was very excited yesterday when one Carence J. Molgerman...of the Troy Missouri Molgerman clan became the first to turn in his money. I had our webmaster, Jon Becker of Boomreactive.com immediately put a picture of it on the web. Molgerman unfortunately had to flee the jurisdiction and will be “wintering” in El Salvador but says he will be making his picks by way of the internets. I have no confidence that they have that there and KUBE is looking for someone who can decipher his entries in Spanish... “El Syracuso?”

So you have lots of options to get money to the KUBE and to make our goal of 500 entries this year. We are looking to see if we can get Kukla and Becker arrested as racketeers. It will require a buzz to be generated by the KUBE faithful. I am looking for a lot of hard work. We need more than the normal mix of financial advisers, bankers, lawyers, malcontents, serial killers, Democrats and what not. I would like some respectable people playing this year. Republicans, kickboxers, illegal immigrants and perhaps even some legal immigrants.

It is predicted the Atlantic 10 will have 3 teams in which will mean the idiot who argued with me at a Super Bowl party and told me “you know nothing about college basketball” might be right. That will be galling. I plan on winning this year. Last years winner Adam Reed is in prison due to numerous traffic violations so unless he can find a “mule” to sneak his entries out, we should not have to worry about him. We are looking at the regular cast of losers from Blue Horshoe (TM)
and I would like to see a resurgance of Dogs and we are considering opening up a CAT BRACKET for Kukla’s Cat Ozzie and Henry David Thoreau who currently lives with one Lydia Schaftenaar.

In any case. Tomorrow conference games look action packed. KUBE will be on it. See if you can do some stupid things all on your own in preparation. If you are reading this we have high confidence in you.

No comments: