Monday, March 19, 2007

Marmaduke v. Murphy (Cage Match)

Well...this is awkward. Evidently printing Murphy's pic on the blog was not smart. KUBE has recieved a cease and decist letter from the Marmaduke people. Evidently they are concerned that Murphy has infringed upon their trademark. We at KUBE have done the "right" thing and given them Murphy's owners name and address and contact information. We will let the lawyers figure it out. In the mean time we have received Murphy's explanation of how he made his picks. I look forward with some interest to receiving insight as to how the other pets made their picks. Do not disappoint me. Here is MURPHY:

Given I am in first place, after the first two rounds, there has been considerable pressure to reveal my methodology. As hunting season winds down in late winter, I assume my customary position on the family couch. More often then not, Mizzou basketball is on the TV. However, I must say that predicting Missouri's exit from the Big 12 tournament was so simple, it was almost beneath me. Anyway, from this couch one begins to gather a certain sense regarding the who's who of college basketball. Once the brackets came out, I attempted to point to each winner's name in the paper. But with gangly legs and rather large paws, I tore through several sports sections before giving up. In the end, I set up a conference call with myself, the family and Billy Packer. You have the results before you. Hmmm, simple canine he says!!!! Insulting.

As for Georgetown:
(a) the Hoya's mascot is "Jack the Bulldog" (in my world, this is what we call a no brainer)
(b) they have a 7 foot 2 inch center that weighs 278 pounds named Roy Hibbert (it seems to me, the closer you are to the rim, the easier the game may be)
(c) they have Patrick Ewing Jr. and their coach is John Thompson III (something about lineage)
For those interested in what a Hoya is, here you go: http://www.thehoya.com/about/what.cfm

***

Murphy seems pretty bright to me and a little arrogant especially for a dog that does not look like a purebread to me...in fact the dog's head shape looks suspiciously like my partner David Kowert. Concidence?

In the mean time Becker the Wrecker is already claiming his funds probably to be used on.... well... it is best not to contemplate. We3 will see what we hear from the other pets. The game is on!

No comments: