Sunday, February 22, 2009

OSCAR Predictions

HE STILL SCARES ME!










You Heard It Here First

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Actor in a Leading Role: Sean Penn: Milk

Actor in a Supporting Role: Heath Ledger: The Dark Knight

Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Winslett: The Reader

Actress in a Supporting Role: Penelope Cruz: Vicky Christina Barcelona

But why the Oscars? And why is the show always so shitty? WHy have I historically had to fall asleep before Best Picture? Shouldn’t people who are putting on a show about the movies that entertained us do a better job of entertaining us?
I have not watched it in years. Does Tom Hanks still host?

My selections above were based on my limited viewing of the nominees and the little buzz I have heard. The Dark Knight should have at least been nominated for Best Picture.

This was posted at 3:45 CST the day of the Oscars. I will make a typical 60% on my choices above, That is a Diner Review Guaranty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Joker is Batman begins is of course the only emotionally honest character in the movie. He is a more fully realized Anton Chigur. Great double feature for the kids.