Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Its The End Of The World

As we know it... and I feel fine...fine...fine. Sooooo.... are the weather terrorists getting better at their game? I feel like every bit of bad weather they have predicted this year has arrived... in spades. Even though i went into work this morning I was being yelled at by everyone on the radio about what a selfish choice it is to leave my home when the apacalypse is coming. So, I looked for my missing iPhone and beat it back home. The roads were icy and slick and totally driveable. But you look on the doppler and it appears that St. Louis is just about to be eaten by...something. We do not know what but we assume it is bad.

When i went to bed last night my wife was complaining that we were not even in the “blizzard” zone but over night the zone moved south and we are now part of that elite group. It is weird how much it feels like one of those weather disaster movies, “The Day After Tomorrow” or some other piece of bad cinema. It is all exacerbated by the media which hopefully will soon be blissfully eliminated when icy power lines start falling and marauding packs of wolves begin leaping through our living room window plate glass looking for fresh meat. “Blizzard”, “Disaster Area”, “National Guard”, “snowpacalypse” and Obamacare are just a few of the terms I have heard on local Fox News in the last ten minutes and clearly they are all related. It is clear that the sins of past and present Democratic leaderships are finally being visited on all of us. Locusts and rivers turning red and running backwards are on the horizon.

Seriously, it does appear that this will be a memorable blizzard. I hope it is cool. When I went tto the store last night it was truly amazing to see how little there was on the shelves. Driving around this morning on Big Bend there was not a car on the road at 8:30 and it did indeed seem like a post apacolyptic zombie film. It was kind of cool. I went back home. Cooked a big breakfast, took 3 minutes to read the Tuesday Post and it appears that now it might be time for me to “work from home”. Really? Work from home? Seriously? My wife is upstairs doing that but i have no idea whether normal people really do that. I mean... the TV is still on. I do love the fact that my phone cannot ring. And they say tomorrow might be worse. I can’t wait!

The main thing is... I lost my iPhone.

No comments: