Saturday, January 27, 2007

Official List of St. Louis "Diners"


So it comes down to your input dear reader...what are the "real" diners in St. Louis. I want your help...I NEED your help, America needs your help. If we do not get this list right then it is a complete retreat and the terorists win. I think that is what the President told us. Here for your review and comment is a list of St. Louis Diners which need to be visited, photgraphed, catalogued and reviewed. Four our purposes we are limiting the inquiry to the City and County of St. Louis. Below for your review is a partial list but I await to be corrected and where appropriate berated.

1. Courtesy on Hampton
2. Courtesy on Kingshighway
3. Billies in Soulard
4. Big Ed's Chili Mac Diner on Pine, Downtown
5. Spencers Grill in Kirkwood
6. Eat Rite on Vandeventer
7. Eat Rite on Lindbergh near Ronnies
8. Olivette Diner on Olive
9. Tiffany's Diner on Manchester in Maplewood
10. White Palace on Olive in Midtown
11. Hoagie Diner on Olive in Midtown
12. Former Chili Mac now Spencers in Clayton
13. Goodies Diner in North County
14. Big Ed's Chili Mac Diner on Broadway
15. The Buttery

Questionable:
1. South City Diner
2. Waffle Houses
3. Majestic Diner in West End
4. TJ's Diner in Concord
5. Place in Union Station that used to be O.T. Hodges

Purposely Excluded and PLEASE do not argue with me about this:
1. Uncle Bill's Pancake House
2. Mimi's "Diner" in Chesterdield Valley
3. That Big Thing That Says "Diner" up by the airport

These are important discussions. I need feedback. I suspect that I am forgetting a few and further (gasp) that there are several which have escaped my unblinking eye (see Lord of the Rings). Anyway... think on this. The list needs to be exhaustive. I believe one of them can be formally tackled each month and that means that I need to get to work for January's formal review. God this is exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Purposely excluded and do not argue with me? Given your particular level of venom and bile for our President of the United States, I find it ironic that you employ his tactics so willingly. Close off debate? Isn't that what makes a diner good? The ability for diverse people to come together over a cup of Joe and some hash browns (after laying down an appropriate base of vodka of course) and, well, hash it out in a smoke filled room? (As opposed to smoking it out in a hash filled room, that I'm sure is another sort of diner altogether)

Bush....Putin....Becker....

Democracy hangs her head and weeps.

Anonymous said...

Try Lisa's Diner in Granite City. Though it is a little outside your geographic area, it would make a nice fieldtrip