Friday, January 12, 2007

Resolutions


This picture was taken in the Courtesy Parking lot on January 1, 2007.



So...halfway through January and it is as good a time as any to take stock in the New Year. Lets see..resolutions...revolutions...whatever. New Years is such a great, arbitrary, meaningless time to take stock so...why not take stock 13 days into the New Year. I am 13 days into 07 and, nothing is really changed because no matter where I go...there I am.
1. Exercise: Once. Played squash on Wednesday. That is not bad it's only the 13th.
2. Recommitting myself to work. Not really a chance.
3. Working "Smarter" instead of "Harder.": Hahahahahahahahahaaaa!
4. Laying off the booze: Well...I have not gotten drunk in the New Year yet....but...well...
5. Laying off the crack...well, I have not started that....yet.
6. Read more good books...well...that one is working slowly...I just am so depressed I am falling asleep at 10 each night.

So....13 days in...I would give myself a solid D for will power. Not bad young man...not bad at all. We will see where the rest of the month takes us. Next week I go to Oaklawn for opening weekend at the race track...I am sure there will be a lot of self control and discipline there.

On a brighter note it feels like I have some form of artheritis in my left ankle. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not arthritis, gout