Wednesday, March 17, 2010

KUBE MADNESS! EARLY PUSH TO 150 ENTRIES

Sooooo It is all good. Stupid people doing stupid things. Each year you get to be stupid with us for a few weeks. What a treat for you. We might not hit 500 entries. The techno number geeks on Kukla's skwad say the trend numbers are all wrong. ALL WRONG. You heard it here first. Last year I was reviewing my notes and we had 230 entries. We must smash that this year. Last years winner John Winstroer took his winnings and went on a huge year long binge. There was talk of banishing him from this years tournament but according to his wife this is the biggest thing in his life" He is now talking THREEPEAT before he has even won his second kontest. Who are we to deny him his fun.

People are already starting to RSVP for the season ending bash at the depot. Kukla has promised a huge array of food, beverages and entertainment. I have already spoken with Maria and gotten dibs on one of the kids empty bedrooms. What they don't know is that I might never leave. I urge you all to spend Monster Monday at the depot. The KUBE nation needs to come together for it's annual Bacchanalia. Last year there were.... several of us. This year there might even be....chips. But I don't want to lure you in with grand promises. I am just saying I would go to the Depot just for a chance to use the bathrooms there. The mens room attendant is very polite.

So far no one has been able to make changes in their busy schedule to watch the opening tip at 11:20 tomorrow with me. I don't know if it is the threat of my company, the grim specter of beer and mini tacos, or, the threat of my company but right now it looks like like I will be sitting alone, sobbing quietly to myself, somewhere in the city as Florida BYU tips, followed a few minutes later by Old Dominion and the hated Fighting Irish and then Robert Morris v. Villanova. I have no love for Florida or BYU but will give the requisite cheer when the ball is tipped, on behalf of all of you automatons with your jobs and your homes and your families. Not that i am bitter. I am not like that at all.

Tomorrow.... watch out for the Spiders from Richmond.

GET THOSE PICKS IN!

KUBE STAFFERS SEEN HERE PREPARING FOR TIP OFF!

2 comments:

POD said...

Kukla poisoned the system with an arbitrary early entry close time of 11. Should have been 1115. THe pool was robbed of at least 1200 usd that he should be required to kick in from some unwitting client's account. It is not like he doesn't do stuff like that anyway. Maddoff, Moneta...eerily similar.

POD said...

Why is Kube notamongst your favorite links?